Friday, September 18, 2009
YogaSlackers Summer Camp
Kirpulu was a great experience we indoctrinated 11 new slackers into our world. YogaSlacker’s Summer Camp for the YAH (Young @ Heart) Started at 9am after an amazing Breakfast. A 45 min vinyasa practice with Jason Magness, lead the class through lots of personal growth in Flexibility, Strength and balance. Then Adi Carter took over for the next 45 min for a focus on the CORE, every movement should originate from the center. Break for Lunch then it was Slacklining, Acrobatic conditioning, therapeutic flying tie massage or full on AcroYoga. Optional Activities Rock Climbing(not really optional we just tell you that), Trail Running, Thi Massage, hoola hooping and more.
Some of the highlights were:
• 170 ft rock climb in the Gunks with amazing vistas
• A 4 mile trail run complete with Mud, stream jumping, Yoga inspired inversions, and avoiding porches on the windy roads leading to and from the trailhead
• Smiles lots and lots of smiles
• First time climbers overcoming fears
• The steady progression of wobbly legged slackliners to controlled still standers
• Guy’s Chauawa sounds
• Amazing weather
• The Food
• Everyone’s willingness to push their limits
Jason, Chelsey Adi and Sam thank everyone for trusting us and playing with us. We look forward to our next Fall Camp maybe.