Monday, May 2, 2011

Teacher Training Looms

In less than 3 weeks, a huge shift in YogaSlackers will begin as 25 new slackers gather in the desert east of San Diego to begin the first (and maybe last) YogaSlacker's Teacher Training.  Six years ago when this whole thing started, this moment was not even on the radar.  We had no idea what we were doing, let alone how to teach it.  Essentially we had an inkling that we could somehow put off real jobs for a bit longer if we really embraced the "slacker life".

And now here we are, with a small business, and a growing family.  It feels good.  It feels scary.  I am not sure what the future holds, and those closest to the center all have slightly different ideas of how to proceed.

I had a few friends visit me this weekend that I had not seen since college 15 year ago.  We had a great time, telling old stories, exploring caves, and basically making 15 years of separation vanish in an instant.  At one point, Peter said to me, "You are the only one from college that I know that actually actualized what they said they were going to do...sticking to your unknown path of adventure and passion."
Jason "actualized?"

It was amazing to hear this coming from someone who'd been out of my life for so much time, and only recently caught a bit up to date via facebook.   The idea that I was living actualized had never really occurred to me, after all, in my mind I am simply living.  Living on my own terms certainly, but I don't know if I'd ever really considered living on anyone else's.  Peter seemed to think that most people do.

In may ways, perhaps, that is what being a YogaSlacker is about.  Living on your own terms - whatever they may be.  After all, life (and other people) would tend to suggest that balancing on a 1" piece of dynamic string is not very useful, let alone even possible.

So as we find ourselves on the verge of sending 25 new slackers out into the world to share these crazy possibilities, I can't help but be excited.  I have no idea where this is going, but after taking a moment to see all of this through Peter's eyes (a outside perspective), I am pretty sure that it is going well...

So here is a lighthearted teaser, of a skill that the Teacher Training will not include...



No comments:

Post a Comment