Wednesday, July 30, 2008

YogaSlackers on the Podium at Gorge Games

The team finished 3rd in the ProElite class at the Recent Gorge Games in Oregon!  It was Sam Salwei's first race in over two years, but he was up for the challenge.  The race started off poorly for me (Jason) as I was humbled in the opening 3.5 hour paddle and my team had to coax me along for the last bit.  My boat had a hole and filled half way with water....combined with my poor stroke I can honestly say it was a miserable time.  We bounced back with great navigation and speed through the night during the bushwhack, and some gambles on the final bike that paid off.  We all wore Inov-8 shoes, and wool jerseys from Ibex and Icebreaker.  Everything performed great.  I love this gear more every time!  Of course we finished off the weekend with a lot of Acrobatics and then headed to Vancouver with Lina for some more training.  No rest.

We were beaten by Dart-Nuun, and MerGeo....but it is getting closer each race!  We look forward to seeing them again!

Great job Lina, Daniel, and Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment